Wednesday, May 9, 2018

PSA: #MyTealTicket for Food Allergies

Meet Katie Parkins, 14, creator of MyTealTicket.

In her own words:
"My name is Katie Parkins, and I am 14 years old. I was first diagnosed with life-threatening food allergies when I was 3. Since then, I have found it challenging to eat at restaurants due to my food allergies. When I was twelve, I came up with the idea of MyTealTicket.
MyTealTicket is a restaurant order form that alerts the staff of your specific food allergies. MyTealTicket was launched in July of 2017. Since then, I have been presenting at FARE (Food Allergy Research and Education) Teen Summits, being interviewed on WGN, NEWSY, WTMJ, appearing in Allergic Living Magazine, and other media outlets."

GIVE BACK
When you use MyTealTicket, you are protecting yourself, and you are raising money and awareness for food allergy research. Part of the proceeds go to FARE.

[I'm using copy sent by a PR firm]

Linking up with Catherine's #SaturdayShareLinkup