Friday, March 30, 2012

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday - Something Old, Something New

Katy, of Modly Chic, has these questions for us this month on outfit one-time use vs re-mixing.

1. Are you a one-time wearer?
Absolutely not. Only if the item is horribly uncomfortable. Even then, I will usually try it a second time before banishing it.

2. Do you feel the need to purchase something new for an evening out or a special event?
Yes, I will usually purchase something new for my art openings. Even if it's something as simple as a hair stick (back when I had long hair).

3. Re-mixing is something a lot of bloggers are proud of being able to accomplish - are you a re-mixing pro or do you shy away from posting items frequently? Why?
Pro all the way. I love coming up with new combinations - especially with my pattern mixing.

4. Do you have a clothing budget or are you an impulse buyer?
Impulse. Lately, said impulses are out of control! Spring fever, methinks.

5. Do you find yourself bored when reading a blog in which clothing items are often remixed and appear frequently?
No, I prefer it. I like to see how others mix and max. It also seems more "real" to me. I don't want to read about a 20-something who is showered with sponsored gifts. It's not my life - real or fantasy. (New clothing plays no role in my fantasy world, where I live on the Venice canals -- Italy or CA, I'm not picky -- and have a fabulous studio to paint in).

Out of curiosity, I went through my blog posts to see which garment(s) I photographed the most.
And the winner is... THE PINK SHAWL!

See links to more responses over on Modly Chic