Thursday, June 16, 2011

Friend Friday: Summer Greens

Friend Friday. This is an opportunity for fashion and beauty bloggers to share their thoughts on a specific topic and read what others have to say on it. This week's subject is "share the recipe to your favorite seasonal dish.. the one you love to 
make and love to eat this time of the year."

Are you ready for...
the awesome sandwich 
one slice toasted whole wheat sour dough (I use Trader Joe's) cut in half

on left side:
goat cheese
slice of onion
grilled NM pepper (how to roast chiles on a grill) skin removed
cherry tomatoes

on right side:
pesto
garden greens (mustard, mizuna + cilantro)

I've been packing this sandwich for lunch at work for the past couple of weeks. YUM!

It's still too early for garden tomatoes, but my greens are at the perfect young and tender baby stage:

I have a whole other blog devoted to food and travel adventures. (In fact I have 6 blogs going right now! You can see the entire listing here on my website.)

And since this is my FASHION blog, here is SpyGirl with an Awesome Greens print:
I created the print by scanning some greens and then putting them in repeat
Click here on Modly Chic to read all the responses. You might want to read them AFTER you've eaten!